Tahja's belly dance classes are taught in a very supportive environment. Discover the extraordinary dancer in YOU!
Tahja's Class Schedule
Whether you want to learn basic Middle Eastern dance moves for fun & fitness, or you are a more serious and experienced dancer who wants to become more refined in your art, all will find classes with Tahja, a Master teacher with 40 years experience, to be of great benefit.
$20 per class (drop in rate)
No Super Saver rates offered at this time. Just pay as you go.
Where: Classes held at Art Avenue in the Westfield Siesta Key Mall in Sarasota FL.
The Mall is located on the southeast corner of Siesta Drive and US 41. Enter the mall close to Cine Bistro, turn to your left, and we are about 4 stores down on the left. You will find 2 Art Avenue galleries facing each other. We are in the gallery on the left.
*Must be pre-registered
simply call (941) 349-3494, text (941) 284-6996, or email: email@example.com
Learn the ancient magical art of Belly Dancing in Sarasota with Tahja! Get in shape while having fun and learning something new!
What Tahja's students are saying:
"Hello Tahja! I just wanted to send you some good news. The talent show was last Friday night and I made top 5! Honesty, I didn't think I would even make top 8 because I'm competing against girls that've been dancing their whole entire life. One of the girls, her talent is even her career. I was so shocked that I made it. Well that just means they loved your dance! Thanks Tahja!!!!!"
"If you have been thinking about it, you need to do it…..join Tahja’s Belly Dance Class! It’s fabulous & fun. I came to the class with a love for dance & wanted to do something enjoyable for myself, but had never Belly Danced before. I was in a middle age slump & my self confidence was low. Tahja turned me around, got me back into dancing shape & I feel great. I look forward to class each week, seeing my dance friends & performing at special events."
Why belly dance?
Belly Dance is…
- For everyone!
- A sure way to tone and firm muscles so your body looks and feels trimmer
- The best way to sculpt the body, as these ancient moves are designed to create a shapely, strong, curvaceous and sensual body
- Great for helping you to achieve and maintain your ideal weight in a way that dieting alone can’t
- A great complexion enhancer, as it improves circulation.
- A good way to develop quicker reflexes
- A wonderful way to decrease your appetite by secreting endorphins to the brain
- Great for combating fatigue by increasing your energy
- A super way to get rid of stress
- A stimulator in the digestion system
- Counters the feeling of being stiff or rigid, as this is a wonderful way to get into the “flow” and improve flexibility.
- A wonderful way to meet new friends
- Good for the heart! Get fit and tone while having fun!
- A confidence booster. It will show you that you can improve yourself no matter what your age or physical condition.
- Unleash the feminine, become subtly sexy
- Your posture will improve
- You’ll become more graceful and coordinated
- Concentration and balance is greatly improved
- It’s loads of fun!
- Renew your mid-section. Have a new relationship with your belly!
- It’s a wonderful outlet for creativity and expression
- A good way to unwind and relax
- Excellent for self awareness (learn to move parts you never thought would even move!)
- Feel more sensuous and alive
- Learn about other cultures and better understand their music and traditions
- You’ll meet many warm and friendly people
- It’s good for the mind to learn something new! Challenge yourself!
- It is endorsed by many doctors as a healing modality
- Your overall appearance will improve as you radiate more energy
- You’ll learn to gain control and awareness of your body movement.
- You learn to use your body in a natural fluid way as opposed to repetitive or jumping motions that are less natural and can be hard on the joints.
- It is one of the healthiest forms of exercise for all ages (Tahja has had students with ages from 5 to 95 in her classes!)
- It combines the use of the mind, body, & spirit.
- You might even want to perform!
- There is no good reason not to dance
The BEST reason to dance is not because it’s incredible for the body, creates grace, poise, flexibility among hundreds of other benefits, the BEST REASON TO DANCE is that it is SO FUN!!!
“The Tahja Technique of Middle Eastern Dance” is considered one of the most comprehensive curriculum available in the world today for the serious student of Middle Eastern dance arts.
Dedicated to bringing out more than you ever thought you would be! Belly Dance Classes with Tahja are designed to connect your mind/ body/ dancing spirit and inspire your passionate self. All levels are welcome!
The “Tahja Technique” is a source for the truly serious artist who wants to unveil his/ her own authentic self through Middle Eastern dance. It is movement, combined with cultural & musical understanding, integrated with the ancient spiritual essence of the dance.
*Those who wish can perform at the Party the end of the month at Primo's!